What Will the Crime Stoppers' Operators Ask Me?
- They will ask you to tell them as much about what you are calling about as you can, dates/times/locations etc.
- They may ask you more questions, about the physical description of suspects, and others involved.
- If it is about drugs, you may be asked for details such as type, quantity, prices and location.
- They may ask about unique features in the residence or around it.
- You will be asked about potential threats to the investigating officer ie., dogs, weapons or known criminal history.
- They will ask you for vehicles descriptions, licence plates or color etc.
The extent to which you are able to supply new information & details, not already known to police, is one of the important factors in determining the value of the cash award.
Remember, if you have information that can help stop a crime before it happens,
our 1-800-222-8477(TIPS) line is monitored by an answering service 24-hours a day 7-days a week.