Student Crime Stoppers of Manitoba
Together, we are striving to make our schools and communities a safer place.
Our Student Crime Stoppers' Program was created to ensure your information about crime reaches the police, the school administration or other relevant authorities. Crime Stoppers is a safe way to anonymously report crimes witnessed either in or outside of school without fear of retaliation or peer pressure. You won’t be asked your name and will never have to make a formal statement or to give evidence in court.
Tips we receive are taken very seriously.
Many students want to do the “right thing” by providing crime solving information that might help prevent a tragedy or intervene in a school safety concern. THIS IS YOUR COMMUNITY TOO! You can help make your school a crime-free, safe environment.
98% of students do NOT agree with:
- Intimidation/ bullying
- Theft of personal articles/school property
- Vandalism/ graffiti
- Drugs/alcohol in school
- Physical assaults
- Gang activity
2% of students willing get involved with criminal acts.
Student Crime Stoppers gives the 98% of students an avenue to address crime along the same lines as the original Crime Stoppers Program.
A Student Crime Stoppers tip can be resolved in two ways:
- by a police investigation
- by a school administration investigation
The severity of the crime will dictate the method of investigation in agreement with police and school administrator. Not all matters would be dealt with criminally. Many minor incidents could be dealt with directly by school administration.
Here are just a few of the things you can report…
- Threats/ bullying
- Fighting/Planned fights
- Suicide threats
- Sexual/Physical assaults
- Dating violence/Stalking
- Child abuse
- School threats/hit lists
- Drug dealing / Liquor offences
- Gang activity
- Bomb threats
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- A crime is committed or about to be committed in your school or neighborhood.
- You know who was responsible or somebody who might know who was responsible.
- Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or you can also submit a secure tip using the "submit a tip" button anywhere on this site.
- Your information will be provided to the proper authorities.
- You will be given a secret tip number. Do NOT share the tip number with anyone, or tell anyone you provided a tip.
- After one month, you can call back to the 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) number during the day. Refer to your secret tip number and you will be updated as to the progress of your tip.
- If your tip leads to the crime being solved, you will qualify for a cash award.
When giving information about any criminal activity at school, on school grounds, or in your community you may be asked some questions, but you will NOT be asked your name. We want your information, not your name.
School Administrators click here